13.2.11

Sunday morning soothes my soul

Wow what a moment can do. I woke up tired and ready to roll over and skip church. I really wanted to just rest. But, I dragged my tortured carcas from the couch and stepped into the shower and tried to get my mind right. I grumbled my way into the car through the door and still felt like my being alive was a burden for all. I passed off the excuse of being tired but my demeanor was not affected by a my weary body. Instead my sour disposition, infected my ability to play and my desire To be anything but mearly existing.

Then someone simple happened. The music began to infect my soul. Slowly my hardened heart opened to the message that God needed to post there. "You are not the reason you are here. You are here to share my message. You are here to be my instrument." I began letting him lead my mind and heart and began to enjoy the music again. Slowly the light changed and the weariness left my hear.

A few minutes after everyone had wrapped up practice, Rob asked me to play communion with him and to steal a phrase the heavens opened up. We are playing a song by the artist Moby. It helps me to realize that true beauty is given by god no matter what the vessel.

Remember today that your real light is what you show. The comic below illustrates how I try to hide things in my heart. I hope you see the relevance and get a small chuckle.

Joshwinrotte

No comments:

Post a Comment