20.2.11

Momma always said ...

I would like to say that my mom always used the old quote "momma always said there would be days like this." Alas, she did not.  My mom is, was, and as far as I know always been what I would call a boot strap lady.  It did not matter the obstacle or problem, mom pulled herself up by her boot straps and beat the problem.  She taught my sister and I to be the same way.  We were shown that no problem was impossible and that we could do anything we wanted.

Yesterday was a boot strap day for me.  I ref Upward basketball for one of the local churches and really enjoy working with the kids.  I usually finish up about two PM.  I scheduled a babysitter to come to our house between 3:30 and 4:00 so that Mandee and I could leave for a much needed adult date.  I had written some questions for a state organization and had gotten paid a small sum.  I had put this money aside for a "What Mandee Wants" date.  We were going to eat at her favorite restaurant., shop for a new purse and some other needed items that she had expressed a desire for, and then finish the date watching the sunset from the top of the mountain in the GSMNP.  After watching the sunset together we were going to go down to Cherokee NC for desert.  It sounded like a great evening.

Needless to say it did not occur as desired.  Mandee was not feeling well, we ended up changing plans with our babysitter, and for some reason everyone and their brother decided it was time to go to PF and Gatlinburg.  We ended up not getting dinner at Olive Garden where Mandee really wanted to eat.  No purse was to be found that lived up to her expectations.  Between clouds and time no sunset.  It was a busted evening.  We ended up eating at a place we had never eaten before that was really good.  Mandee found a purse at a different place.  We both got coffee for desert so the evening was not a total loss.

I know it was more important that we spent time together than what we did.  I just wish I could have made those things happen so that Mandee would understand how much I value her.  We got home to a daughter that loves us and we have plans to go to church at a new place tomorrow with friends.  I'll let you know how it goes.  As ever constant reader, thank you for your laughter, prayers, and tears.

Joshua Winrotte
PH - 224
MH - TGIW - Thank Goodness Its the Weekend
SH - Phil 4:13

PS With no internet at the house sorry for the infrequent posts.  I'll try to up load at school when I get a spare minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment