28.8.11

Turn, Turn, Turn

There is a season for all things. A time to live and a time to die. A time to sow and a time to reap. The beginning of school is a time for reflection and renewal. I began teaching 6th grade this fall and my idea of how students recreate themselves over the summer blows my mind. 6th graders become whole new people over that short period. Yes they physically mature but it's much more than that. Their personalities grow so much in the first week that these "children" become poets, athletes, bullies, friends, and confidants. I believe their continued maturation will be a phenomenal chance for me to observe human behavior at the most basic levels. If you see me on the street help me to remember the beautiful transition I get to observe every day. Always searching. Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment